Hi guys new update has now been released for the nvidia shield android tv, New features and functions added and fixed are as below.
Advanced New Features
YouTube 4K 60FPSWatch YouTube videos in 4K Ultra HD resolution at a smooth 60 frames per second—only on SHIELD.
Enjoy a home theater experience with rich Dolby® Atmos surround sound pass-through in VUDU, MX Player, SPMC, and SHIELD’s preinstalled Photos & Videos app.
Media Streaming – At Home and On the Go
With PLEX Media Server built-in, you can stream your personal media collection from SHIELD to mobile devices, even outside the home. Accelerate your media (even from a NAS) with SHIELD’s HD transcode.
VUDU in 4K
Catch up on the latest movies and binge-watch TV series. Joining IS FREE. You only pay for what you rent or buy. VUDU supports UltraViolet and Disney Movies Anywhere playback, as well as 4K and voice search.
Netflix in HDR
SHIELD is the first Smart TV box to support Netflix in HDR! Pair with an HDR TV and enjoy brighter highlights, more detail in dark scenes, and a wider color range. One hundred hours of HDR shows coming this summer. Limitations apply (nflx.it/HDR).
- Access SHIELD folders from a network PC or Mac and enjoy drag-and-drop file sharing. Enable in Settings > Storage & reset > Access SHIELD folders on PC.
- Mount a network attached storage device (NAS) to SHIELD to access your complete media collection. Stream this media to mobile devices using the Plex app and SHIELD’s HD hardware transcode. Set up in Settings > Storage & reset > Network storage.
- Automatically turn off your TV when SHIELD sleeps. Enable in Settings > HDMI > HDMI-CEC preferences.
- Enable YCbCr 4:4:4 color space for improved video quality on supported TVs. Go to Settings > HDMI > Color space.
- Improves picture quality for RGB TVs
- Delivers the latest monthly Android security updates
- Improves video playback for 23.976 Hz refresh rate
- Improves TV compatibility
For more info check out,
Further pictures of the update process are below,