Hi guys, Over the last few days i have had a few requests on how to fix Enigma2 devices being stuck on a ( boot loop ) IE, GUI start failing so look like it's in a boot loop, this is either due to the new skin selection not being able to find a file it is looking for, IE Font, a specific layout file or something else it requires to start, Due to the OS not being able to find a file it requires it causes the device to restart the GUI boot over and over looking like, as i have said before a boot loop.
YOU CAN FTP TO YOUR DEVICE ALTHOUGH IT IS IN A BOOT LOOP LIKE STATE
!!!! THERE IS A VERY EASY FIX !!!!!
FIRSTLY BEFORE YOU DELETE ANYTHING !!!!! BACK IT UP !!!!! YOU AND YOU ALONE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ACTIONS YOU TAKE FOLLOWING THIS GUIDE
All that is required to do is:
- FTP to your device from a pc/laptop using a ftp program of your choice.
- Once connected to your device with the FTP program Navigate to folders USR > SHARE > Enigma2
- Now you are in the Enigma2 folder you will see multiple folders with specific names ( the folder names are important )
- Now remember the name of the skin you selected before restarting your enigma2 device.
- Now in your FTP program in the the Enigma2 folder, LOOK for a FOLDER named the skin you selected or named similar to the skin you selected ( the folder might have a few letters missing but will be there )
- Now you have found the FOLDER named or similar to the skin name, SELECT IT > Right click it and from the options select DELETE > select yes to confirm and you are DONE.
- Now WATCH your enigma2 device RESTART with the default skin